Saturday, May 17, 2014
Entry Postmark Deadline: Monday, April 21, 2014
Northview Middle School – 1302 N Ankeny Blvd. – Ankeny, Iowa 50023
NBTA Sanctioned – State and Open
mail entries to: P.O. Box 1026, Ankeny, IA 50021
Doors open at 7:00 a.m.
Director: Shelley Rouse
checks payable to: Revolutions Twirling Academy, LLC
Karen Ewoldt Strut and Solo Awards
These awards is for advanced strut-off and twirl-off winners.
All 1st place winners from advanced state x-strut and advanced state solo will compete for these awards.
Valera Ehlers Traveling Trophy This is a judges’ choice award for the show twirl.
Solo Event Guidelines
Complete NBTA USA rules
may be found at:
Open, State, Visitor Events
Twirlers residing in the state of Iowa may enter state and open events. Twirlers residing outside the state of Iowa may enter visitor and open
Only open to twirlers who are advanced level in solo. (Show twirl is open to all skill levels.)
Model in costume for all modeling events. State modeling includes interview. Open modeling – no interview.
Three-part non-sanctioned event; Strut (40%), Solo (40%) & 2-Baton (20%). Solo score breaks tie.
Beginner and Intermediate Twirl-offs
The beginner and intermediate first place winners from each age level for state solo will compete at the end of the day to determine the overall beginner and intermediate state solo champions.
Courtyard by Marriot
2405 SE Creekview Dr.
Mention “IA State Twirling”
Block reserved until May 1, 2014
This is a likeness of the t-shirts.
Non-fitted style T-shirt.
See order form
Payment and other information
• Money orders, checks or electronic invoicing for credit card/PayPal.
(2.5% fee for payment by credit card/PayPal.)
• No refunds.
• Email confirmations will be sent.
• Director reserves the right to combine events.
• Notifying contest director of advancement less than 4 days before competition will result in a $10 administration fee.
• State events placed through 8th, awards given for 1st through 5th.
• Open and Visitor events placed through 5th, awards given for 1st through 3rd.
• Judges decisions are final. Conflicts will be resolved by the Head Judge.
• Practice gym available.
• Concession stand will be available.
Thank you for your support. No coolers allowed.
• No smoking on school property.